Adherents of Buddhism
- “The Global Religious Landscape.” Pew Research Center on Religion & Public Life. 18 Dec. 2012.
- Wormold, Benjamin. “Projected Changes in the Global Buddhist Population.” 2 Apr. 2015. This 2015 article projects the 2020 Buddhist population to be 506,990,000, or 6.6% of the world population. "The number of Buddhists around the world is expected to increase between 2010 and 2030, rising from 488 million to about 511 million. However, the global Buddhist population is projected to decline after 2030.... The projected decline in the share of the world’s population that is Buddhist is a result of Buddhists’ aging population and low fertility rate relative to other religious groups."
- “The Global Religious Landscape: Buddhism.” Pew Research Center. 18 Dec. 2012. "There are about 488 million Buddhists worldwide, representing 7% of the world’s total population as of 2010."
- Starr, Kelsey Jo. “5 facts about Buddhists around the world.” Pew Research Center. 5 Apr. 2019.
- Johnson, Todd M.; Grim, Brian J., The World's Religions in Figures: An Introduction to International Religious Demography (Wiley-Blackwell, 2013).