Neither ancient Norse religion nor modern Asatru is predominantly text-based, but Norse myths are beautifully preserved in two Icelandic epics called the Eddas.
- Hinnells, John R. (ed.), Penguin Dictionary of Religions (London: Penguin Books, 1997).
- Polomé, Edgar Charles; E.O.G. Turville-Petre. “Germanic religion and mythology.” Encyclopaedia Britannica Online.
- “Iceland.” Barrett, David B., George Thomas Kurian, and Todd M. Johnson (eds.), The World Christian Encyclopedia: A Comparative Survey of Churches and Religions in the Modern World (Oxford University Press).
- Rev. Patrick "Jordsvin" Buck. “Asatru, An Ancient Religion Reborn.” Irminsul Ættir.
- “Heathenry (new religious movement).” Wikipedia.