Further Resources on Vestments
Links on Vestments
- The Holy Sacrifice of the Mass: Altar, Sacred Vessels and Vestments – True Catholic
- Clerical Costume - Catholic Encyclopedia
- Vestments - Catholic Encyclopedia
- CM Almy – Retailer of church supplies and clerical vestments since 1892. Includes many images of various vestments with short descriptions.
- National Robe
- Byzantine Rite Liturgical Vestments (with illustrations) - Crosslink
- Vestments – Sacred Heart Church
- The Liturgical Year of the Church – St. Brigid's Church
- Vestments History – Hayes & Finch Limited
- Vestments Glossary - Ken Collins
Books on Vestments
- J. M. Neale, History of the Holy Eastern Church, London, 1850.
- W. Pugin, Glossary of Ecclesiaatical Ornament and Costume, London, 1859.
- Dolby, Church Vestments, their Origin, Use, and Ornament, London, 1868.
- W. B. Marriott, Vestiarium Christianum: The Original and Gradual Development of the Dress of the Holy Ministry in the Church, ib. 1868.
- P. Stanley, Christian Institutions, chap. VIa., London, 1884.
- W. Lockhart, The Chasuble: its Form and Size, London, 1891.
- O. J. Reichel, English Liturgical Vestments in 13th Century, London, 1895.
- J. K. Boyle, Ecclesiastical Vestments: their Origin and Significance, ib. 1896.
- R. A. S. Maealiater, Ecclesiastical Vestments, their Development and History, ib. 1896.
- W. Durand, The Sacred Vestments, an English rendering of the Third Book of the Rationale divinorum officiorum, with notes by T. H. Passmore, ib. 1899.
- L. Duchesne, Christian Worship, passim, London, 1904.
- M. IaeColl, The Royal Commission and the Ornaments Rubric, ib. 1906.
- P. Dearmer, The Ornaments of the Minister, London, 1908.
- H. Wilson, Why and Wherefore, Milwaukee, 1909 (deals with ornaments, vestments, and ritual).