Ptolemais in the Bible
Ptolemais in Biblical History
Ptolemais was the most prominent town on the Phoenician seacoast in Maccabean times (1 Macc 5:15,55; 10:1,58,60; 12:48).
It is once mentioned in the New Testament in Acts 21:7 as a seaport at which Paul landed for one day, visiting the "brethren" in the place.Recommended:
- Return to Bible Places index page.
- Go to Christian biography index page.
- Go to Christianity beliefs index page.
- Go to Christian denominations index page.
- Go to Christian comparison charts index page.
- International Standard Bible Encyclopedia, which is in the public domain.